Pandanon Island is located between Cebu and Bohol. This is the final destination for Cebu island hopping package if you scheduled it this summer. Either you begin in Cebu or Bohol, you will be able to visit this resort conveniently or call me at 09202449658 for freelance tour guide.
What you will love there is the wide sand which you can play sports, sleep and relax while listening to your itunes.
It’s pump boat travel time is 45 minutes to 1 hour but if you plan to visit some fish sanctuary like the Olango Island, Sulpa Island and Hilutungan Island then it will take 2 hours or more. This is actually a island hopping offered by locals. They will give you 3 choice of island for the certain amount.
I suggest not to visit most of the islands (although its nice to feed some fishes there) since it will deduct your best time to enjoy with your main destination which is the Pandanon island resort. Island hopping is tiring since you need to swim to feed the fishes and see the corals, the best place to relax and take lunch is the pandanon island where the white sand is powder size, the water is crystal clear and the sand bar is perfect for jogging.
Punta Engano Port is located in Mactan island at the back of Hilton Hotel. If you are more than 10 persons, then i suggest to find rent a VAN service in Cebu worth P1500 only consisting of pick up and deliver or hatid and sundo service. They will bring you in the morning and pick-up in the afternoon (dial 09202449658 for multicab and van rental).
If you ride a taxi which can accommodate 4 persons only, then it will cost you P500 per taxi fare. You can ride a jeepney from Cebu City to Mactan island at P12 and take a jeepney again going to Punta Engano. It will be a hassle for your family if you keep transferring from time to time so i suggest to rent a P1500 worth van rental or multicab rental service. Call now if you need transportation at 09202449658.
Pump Boat Rate:
Prices for the boat rental service in Cebu or Mactan is depending on size, season and time. If you came there at morning you will have lot of choices. The lowest inquiry you can got is P2700 for the whole day while for more than 4 target destinations like olango, hilutungan, Sulpa island, Kawhagan island and pandanon then it will surely cost you P4000 or more. In general prices of pump boat rental for island hopping in Cebu and Bohol is Between P2500 to P4500. Take my advise, you can visit all the islands due to time constraint so just pick up the package.
3 +1 Island Package for island Hopping is worth P2700 + P700 (Pandanon) or P3400 (Entrance and food not included)
- Olango fish sanctuary php 50 entrance/px – stay for 30 minutes
- Gilutungan island php 100 entrance/px stay for 30 minutes
- Nalusuan island php 200 entrance/px stay ther for 2 hours – just for the beach not the facilities.
- Pandanon Island (150 entrance) stay for 3 hours
Entrance Fees and Cottage cost
The cottage is worth P250 for the whole day. So again my advice is to go there in the morning so you can enjoy the high tide and low tide in the noontime then leave at 4pm. You will be able to walk for a long sand bar during low tide. As mentioned earlier, entrance fee is P150 including children.
Food & Drinks:
There are some small stores in Pandanon Island but it is always advisable to bring your own foods. You can buy fried chicken on the market of Lapu Lapu for P150 each. There are rice or puso there too. Make sure you and your friend able to bring litters size mineral water, soft drinks and beer.
As you go island hopping, fisherman will approach you with fresh seafoods like sea urchin, squids, crab, red and blacklobster and fishes. It is usually sold in kilos so if you plan to buy it then bring a charcoal for cooking. Otherwise you will eat it uncooked which Cebuano called it Kinilaw.
1. Bring your DSLR camera either Nikon or Canon and musical gadgets. It is a lifetime experience so never lost the kodak moment.
2. Visit the island with friends. It is more memorable if you stay there with friend and love ones. It is perfect bonding moment.
3. Bring your own food such as rice, chicken (andoks or san pedro), pork, nature spring mineral water, Clover or chippy finger foods, San Mig or Red horse beer, mangoes, Pina and water melon fruits.
4. Bring your volleyball or soccer ball. The huge white sand is perfect for sports. Other visitors might challenge you in volleyball and football.
5. Bring datu puti vinegar and caladryl in case you contacted Dikya or jelly fish. Its summer so you can expect jelly fish around.
6. Bring Lenovo, sony, Toshiba or asus laptop. If you enjoy watching movie or playing game while seating on the beach front with friends and family. This is the perfect time to enjoy the year of regular work.
7. Rent a 10 seaters multicab or hyundai or starex van so somebody will bring and pick your group from your house to Punta Engano and vice versa.
8. Fo affordable Pump Boat rental contact Ricoriks at 4914090 or 09228361941 and 09197761941. Visit his facebook account: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ricorik’s Guzman. They can give P2500 to P2700 boat rental for 3 islands. Then you need to add P700 for pandanon Island. Therefore the total cost is P3400 for 4 islands.
Since the resort island is located between in Cebu and Bohol, then visitors including foreigner are perfectly safe. You will find some noisy Koreans but they are generally peaceful and beer drinkers. Once you arrive there, you will see lot of expats married to Filipina there. You will also see some call center company officials with their employees doing summer outing there.
Map of the Island Hopping Destination
Video of the Resort